Creative Commons License

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Blog Journal #3

     Copyright and fair use are two aspects to be aware of when using technology today. Copyright is protection over your own work, so that it cannot be stolen or used without permission. Fair use is a case-by- case test found in copyright law which makes it so that someone can use work that has been copyrighted without protection. As a teacher, it is important to be aware of these terms because these laws effect what you can and cannot use in your classroom, and failure to abide by copyright laws may put your competency in jeopardy. It also important that you can educate your students on these aspects to prevent them from plagiarizing or stealing copyrighted material while under your watch. 

    2 prevalent technology implantation issues today include cyberbullying and lack of funding. Cyberbullying is the harassment of people through online platforms. Cyberbullying can be prevented with an increase in online security and monitoring by teachers. A lack of funding occurs when the schools or students do not have adequate fundings to provide technology in learning settings. A lack of funding can be solved with increased fundraising or encouraging students to bring their own devices. 

    The newsletters taught me many skills and tools I had not realized Microsoft Word offered. For example, the newsletter was the first time I used two columns on a Microsoft word document. In the future however, I could improve my newsletters by using better graphics to make it more appealing to the viewer. I can use these skills in my future career by actually creating teacher newsletters when I have a classroom of my own. 

screenshot: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

 My experiences as a distance learner were honestly very good. Distance learning made my school experience a lot better, since it was more f...