Creative Commons License

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blog Journal #7


When looking for a teacher run page on a school website it was super hard to find a page run by individual teachers. Instead, I was only able to find broad information about upcoming activities and school wide announcements. I was able to find game schedules, letters from admin, attendance information, and the student code of conduct. All of these are useful tools, however there is no evidence of classroom pages run by teachers, which may have given viewers a better idea of day to day life in the classroom at TCHS.


https://timbercreekhs.ocps.net/


In the future, I see myself using technology heavily to accomplish professional responsibilities. I can use technology to keep families up to date with classroom activities, and also keep my classroom organized with set time dedicated toward technological work. This will make my work more efficient because technology often makes things easier or faster, so dedicating time to use will allow me to use my time wisely. This is effective because taking time to interact with students and their families allows me to create relationships with them which ultimately makes learning better. Specifically, I will use Canvas, a website, newsletters, twitter, TPT, and online learning resources.

Usually, I can navigate canvas very easily. However when completing assignment 2 i found myself struggling to navigate the pages and group work and got very frustrated with it. I did not like how disorganized it was and how much the usage differs from when usually using canvas. In the future, I will probably not use canvas for group work in regards to my students but I do like the other more navigable parts of canvas and will use those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Journal #9

 My experiences as a distance learner were honestly very good. Distance learning made my school experience a lot better, since it was more f...